Listen in as we continue our new series: “Good News for Tough Times.” This week’s good news? God… Is… Love!
Good News: God… Is… Love
Speaker: Paul Kiss
Date: May 10, 2020
Text: 1 John 4:7-21
1 | Jesus shows us that God is love.
2 | What does that even mean?
• Before existence, there was love
• Love can’t sit still
• Love brings enemies to their knees (God loves us… his enemies)
• Love is a giant killer (it overcomes fear)
• Love is a passport (it identifies God’s people)
3 | What does it mean for me?
• The more you open yourself up to Jesus, the more dangerous you will become
– You will overcome your enemies with love
– You will kill the fear in your life
– You will be identified as one of God’s children
“How willing are you to stop shielding yourself from the dangerous, expansive, explosive love of God revealed by the Son and experienced through his Spirit?