Thanks for tuning in to today’s podcast, part of our summer programming. Today’s sermon by Steve Hall discusses the concept of identity and what influences how we see ourselves. Do you have to be who the world expects you to be? What does God think of us? We hope today’s message speaks to you.
Who Am I? Why God’s Identity For Us Is Important
Speaker: Steve Hall
Date: August 11, 2019
1. When the world expects you to be something else
Key Scripture: Mark 4:40-41
2. Cutting through the noise: God values us
Key Scripture: Matthew 3:16-17, Romans 8:14-17
3. With Jesus: Identity 2.0
● Key Thought: God accepts you just the way you are, but he loves you too much to leave you there
4. Why God’s identity for us is important
● Key Thought: We are at our most vulnerable when we lose sight of our status as God’s heirs
In the sermon, Steve encouraged everyone to read the book of Mark this week. That’s just a little over 2 chapters a day. Use the space provided here to take note of all the ways Jesus spoke and acted to answer the question: Who Am I? Notice how much effort Jesus had to put into being understood and recognized for who he was.