Do you remember any experiences of people who have built into you as a child or teenager?
Listen as Danielle White speaks on “Life In The Village” as we learn together that we are
not alone as we walk in life. Jesus sees us at our point of need, and we can walk with
each other, learning together and building into younger generations.
Life In The Village
Speaker: Danielle White
Date: May 12, 2019
1. We are seen.
2. Go together.
3. Learn from each other.
4. Build into those that come after us.
1. Do you remember any experiences of people who have built into you as a child or teenager? What impact did that leave on you as you grew into adulthood?
2. Consider some of the interactions that Jesus had with women (Mk. 5:24-34, Jn. 4:1-42, Lk. 8:1-3, Jn. 11:1-44, Lk. 10: 38-42 are a few examples, add some of your own). What can we learn from the way Jesus connected with women? Are there any of these stories that we connect with on a personal level?
3. What can you do to push “pause” on the burdens of your life – family related or not – and be aware of Jesus’ presence in the midst of them? What practices have been helpful for you to know that Jesus sees you?
4. Who are the people in your life that have walked with you through the day-to-day and big moments? Why have those relationships been meaningful?
5. In a world where so much information is at our fingertips at any moment, how do we navigate what is useful input we can learn from, and what is detrimental to us? How do we find balance in real life experiences and the online world?
6. What does it look like to “be a village” for the families in our community, both in our immediate circle, and in the wider area? What does that look like as we demonstrate our faith?
7. What are some tangible ways that you can build into younger generations? In your individual life? In your home church?