Join us today as Danielle Foisy launches our new series, Broken? as she speaks about her experience supporting someone with Depression and the lessons she learned along the way.
The Stigma of Depression
Speaker: Danielle Foisy
Date: November 4, 2018
1. What stood out to you in Danielle’s talk? Why?
2. Why do we tend to treat mental health illnesses differently than physical illnesses?
3. If you’re comfortable sharing, talk about your own challenges with mental illness or about someone in your family or close circle of friends and what it has been like for them or for you. (A reminder about the value of confidentiality and non-judgement here).
4. In 1 Kings 18, the prophet Elijah wins a huge victory over the prophets of Baal. But in 1Kings 19 everything changes. Read through chapter 19 and discuss what this passage adds to the topic of depression. Be sure to carefully read the text and share insights of what the text actually is saying. Don’t “read into” it. What do you learn?
5. What could we do to help eliminate the stigma of mental health issues such as depression or anxiety?
1. Buy and read a copy of Danielle’s book, “The Other Side of the Struggle.”
2. If you’re struggling with the challenges of mental health issues, call us at New Life and we will help you with next steps.