What is your relationship with debt? What did you grow up learning about finances and debt? Does the topic of money make you cringe, feel crushed, or liberate you? Listen as Paul continues our Money Talks series by looking at Proverbs 22:7; 6:1-5; Matthew 6:19-34; and Romans 13:8. We’ll learn that living with debt doesn’t have to be a life sentence. There is help but you must be willing to ask for it.
Your Relationship With Debt
Speaker: Paul Kiss
Date: October 21, 2018
1. Reality of Debt
Text: Proverbs 22:7
2. Getting out of Debt
Text: Proverbs 6:1-5
3. Seeking God’s Kingdom
Text: Matthew 6:19-34
4. One debt to have
Text: Romans 13:8
1. What did you grow up learning about finances and debt? Who taught you?
2. Why do you think people are so uncomfortable talking about their personal wealth?
3. Read Matthew 6:19-34 again. What part of this passage most stands out to you? Why? How serious should we take Jesus’ teaching in this passage? Why do you think that?
4. What is it that keeps us from being more open about things like debt?
5. What would it take for you to be willing to talk openly about the debt that you have?
6. How can we support one another in pursuing a life that is debt free?
1. If you are in debt, call the church, speak with us and we will try to help you.
2. [Click here] and do the Bible study together with one or two other people.