Is it better to go life alone and live in isolation? How can we experience Jesus more richly? What does real community look like and how to take part in it? Listen as guest speaker, Danielle White, explores Luke 5:17-26 as we unpack the beautiful mess of community. Through it, we’ll discover that experience of Jesus is made so much more rich when we experience it in the midst of community, rather than isolation.
The Beautiful Mess of Community
Speaker: Danielle White
Date: June 3, 2018
1. The Paralyzed Man (v.18, 20, 25)
2. The Four Men (v. 18-20)
3. The Pharisees (v. 17, 21-22)
4. The Crowd (v. 26)
5. Jesus (v. 20, 22-24)
1. Has there been a time in your life where you have experienced community in a meaningful way? Share it.
2. Read through the text of Luke 5:17-26 again. Which of the people involved do you relate to right now?
3. What does it look like to “lower someone through the roof” in front of Jesus in our world?
4. What are some of the other instances in Scripture where we see the importance of doing life together, rather than being isolated?
5. Thinking about the people in your own life right now, are there areas where you need to step further into life with others? Are there ways you can celebrate and thank those who have walked alongside you in desperate times?
6. Our culture is connected in a way no other era has been before, and yet many would argue that we are the most relationally disconnected of anyone. What are some ways that we can remedy this?