Thanks for taking the time to listen to the New Life Sermon Podcast. Today’s scripture is from 1 Corinthians 14. As you listen to Pastor Paul in this podcast, it is our prayer that you find yourself drawn closer to Jesus and your relationship with him, wherever you are in that journey. We hope you enjoy the podcast. Thanks for tuning in.
Letting Go Of Disorder
Speaker: Paul Kiss
Date: November 12, 2017
1. Gifts that build up the community.
1 Corinthians 14:5,12,26
2. Gifts that draw others to Jesus.
1 Corinthians 14:22-25
3. The Holy Spirit, Order, Structure.
1 Corinthians 14:29-33; Ephesians 4:1-16
4. New Life – Where your gift is needed.
1. Parking Team
2. Coffee Team
4. Tech Team [ Sound Booth / Projection / Video Production ]
5. Youth Team / Kids Team / Music Team
1. 1 Corinthians 14 was an encouragement to do things that encouraged and built up the Church in Corinth. How might this encouragement still help us today in our churches?
2. Read verses 3, 12, 40. What might be some “gifts” or things we could do in the church today that would encourage, comfort, strengthen, and build up one another?
3. Paul seemed very concerned that the Christians didn’t do things to turn off “unbelievers” or those investigating Christianity. He assumed there would be seekers present in their public gatherings. What things could we do to ensure that our guests won’t be turned off but rather drawn to Jesus?
4. How could you, or your small group, make a commitment to do some of these things when we gather on Sundays, or when your group meets?
5. How might order and structure make our gathering inviting or uninviting?
6. Pray together for people to might step up to help in our areas of need.
1. If you’re not yet serving somewhere at New Life, why not fill out the volunteer form or call the church office?
2. If you’re already serving somewhere, consider inviting someone else in the New Life community, who isn’t serving somewhere to consider joining your team.